ASST. EXECUTIVE ENGINEER (AEE), IRRIGATION BAGHUA PROJECT, BHANJANAGAR IRRIGATION DIVISION, DIST-GANJAM ARRESTED BY VIGILANCE IN DISPROPORTIONATE ASSETS (DA) CASE.DA TO THE TUNE OF 102% OF KNOWN SOURCES OF INCOME INCLUDING 1 PALATIAL TRIPLE STOREYEDBUILDING, 2 PLOTSIN PRIME AREA OF BERHAMPUR, BANK, POSTAL & INSURANCE DEPOSITS WORTH OVER RS.85.33 LAKHS, GOLD & SILVER ORNAMENTS WORTH RS.8.35 LAKHS, CASH RS.1.38 LAKH, ETC. UNEARTHED.
Cuttack,01/10/2022 ( Odisha Samachar )- Today i.e. on 01.10.2022, Sri Bishnu Charan Sahu, Asst. Executive Engineer, Irrigation Baghua Project, Bhanjanagar Irrigation Division, Dist-Ganjam was arrested and forwarded to the Court of Spl. Judge Vigilance, Berhampur for possession of disproportionate assets, which he could not account for satisfactorily. In this connection, Berhampur Vigilance P.S. Case No.21 dt.01.10.2022 was registered against Sri Bishnu Charan Sahu, Asst. Executive Engineer U/s 13(2) r/w 13(1)(b) of PC Amendment Act, 2018.
On the allegation of possession of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Sri Bishnu Charan Sahu, Asst. Executive Engineer, simultaneous house searches were conducted on 30.09.2022 at 9 places in Ganjam district by 9 teams of Odisha Vigilance led by 1 Addl. SP, 4 DSPs, 9 Inspectors and other staff conducted the search on the strength of Search Warrants issued by the Hon’ble Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Berhampur.
During house searches, the following movable and immovable assets as detailed below were unearthed in the name of Sri Bishnu Charan Sahu, AEE and his family members;
- One triple storeyed residential building over plot No.4591/10743 with built up area 7938 Sqft. located at BijayaVihar, 2nd lane, PS-Berhampur Sadar, Dist-Ganjam worth over Rs.1.38 Crore.
- One double storeyed building located at NiladriVihar, 1st lane, Berhampur.
- 2 numbers of plots in prime area of Berhampur.
- Bank, Postal & Insurance deposits worth over Rs.85.33 Lakhs.
- Cash Rs.1,38,000/-.
- One four wheeler (Hyundai Creta 1.6 VTVTE+) worth over Rs.9.99 Lakhs.
- 3 two wheelers worth over Rs.1.61 Lakhs.
- Gold & silver ornaments worth over Rs.8.35 Lakhs.
- Household articles worth over Rs.11.48 Lakh.
After thorough search, inventory and further enquiry, the income, expenditure and assets of Sri Bishnu Charan Sahu, Asst. Executive Engineer, Irrigation Baghua Project, Bhanjanagar Irrigation Division, Dist-Ganjam were calculated and he was found in possession of disproportionate assets which is 102% higher than his known sources of income.
Investigation of the case is in progress.