Cuttack,24/123/2021 ( Odisha Samachar )- On 23.12.2021, a team of Odisha Vigilance had intercepted Sri Nrutyaraj Majhi, Deputy Ranger, Mobile Party under DFO, North Division, Bhawanipatna, Dist-Kalahandi near Laxmipur while he was returning from duty by a Hero Honda CD 100 SS Motor Cycle bearing registration No.OR03-A-0955 from Bhawanipatna to his native village Laxmipur. During interception, suspected ill-gotten cash of Rs.1,50,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Fifty Thousand) was found from the possession of Sri Majhi, Deputy Ranger, which he could not account for satisfactorily. The said cash as well as his Hero Honda CD 100 SS Motor Cycle have been seized.
During search of his residential house and Brick Factory at Laxmipur, Dist-Kalahandi, following properties have been detected in name of Sri Majhi and his family members.
- Two numbers of double storeyed buildings – Rs.60,00,000/-
- Fly ash Brick Factory with stock of Bricks – Rs.35,00,000/-
- One temple and two numbers of Asbestos house-Rs.7,00,000/-
- One Tractor – Rs.10,00,000/-
- One four wheeler (Bolero) – Rs.9,00,000/-
- Two numbers of two wheelers – Rs.2,60,000/-
- One concrete mixture machine – Rs.1,00,000/-
In this connection, Koraput Vigilance PS Case No.30 dated 23.12.2021 U/s 13(2) r/w 13(1)(b) of Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Act, 2018 has been registered against Sri Nrutyaraj Majhi, Deputy Ranger, Mobile Party under DFO, North Division, Bhawanipatna, Dist-Kalahandi. On 23.12.2021 Sri Majhi was arrested and today he has been forwarded to the Court of Spl. Judge Vigilance, Bhawanipatna. The Hon’ble Court has remanded him to judicial custody till 5.01.2022.
The investigation of the case is in progress.