The downloadable guide will serve as an informational tool for Network Participants, Buyers and Sellers to thrive within the ONDC ecosystem.
New Delhi, 9/11/2023 ( Odisha Samachar ): Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC), an initiative of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India, recently announced the launch of the ONDC Official Guide App, a significant milestone in its commitment to help and support the user community like Sellers, Buyers, Logistics Providers and the Network Participants. The guide is available for download from Google Play Store with language support in English, Hindi and 10 other Indian languages.
The ONDC Official Guide App is a vital tool, to help the user base to participate in the ONDC ecosystem effectively. Designed as a go-to resource, its key features include:
- Authenticated Information: The app offers verified and validated information, ensuring users have a reliable source of knowledge about the ONDC ecosystem.
- Ecosystem Insights: Users can gain valuable insights into ONDC’s core principles, functionality, and benefits. This includes detailed explanations of the Network’s operations, key features, and the value it brings to various stakeholders.
- Latest Updates: The app keeps users informed about the latest developments, news, and announcements related to ONDC, ensuring they are always up-to-date with changes and improvements within the ecosystem.
- Interactive Features: Users can engage with the app through interactive elements such as videos, infographics, and FAQs, making it an engaging and informative resource.
The Guide App has been launched after successful development and rigorous testing to ensure functionality and compliance with Google Play Store policies and guidelines.
“We are thrilled to introduce the ONDC Official Guide App, designed to empower users for the ONDC ecosystem. It is an extension of our continued dedication to transparency and accessibility for all. We look forward to the app’s pickup on the Google Play Store and remain dedicated to continuously enhancing its functionality to provide ongoing value to our ecosystem.” said TKoshy, MD and CEO at ONDC.
Incorporated on 31st December 2021, Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC), a Section 8 company, is an initiative of the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, envisioned to create a facilitative model to revolutionize digital commerce, giving greater thrust to penetration of retail e-commerce in India. ONDC is not an application, platform, intermediary, or software but a set of specifications designed to foster open, unbundled, and interoperable open networks, thereby eliminating the dependency on a single platform.
Major ONDC objectives are as follows:
- Democratization and decentralization of eCommerce
- Inclusivity and access for sellers, especially small and medium enterprises as well as local businesses
- Increased choices and independency for consumers