Cuttack,8/8/2022 ( Odisha Samachar )- On the allegation of possession of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income, simultaneous house searches have been launched on the properties of Sri Piyush Kanta Pani, Additional Commissioner, CT & GST, Cuttack-I, Cuttack today i.e. on 08.08.2022 at 7 places in Khordha, Cuttack & Jajpur districts i.e;
- Triple storeyed residential building at Chakeisihani, Bhubaneswar.
- Triple storeyed building over paternal land at Chorda Chowk, Jajpur Road, Jajpur.
- Single storeyed building over paternal land at Chorda Chowk, Jajpur Road, Jajpur.
- Structures located in land at Andharua mouza, Bhubaneswar, Dist-Khordha.
- Structures located in land at Sampur mouza, Bhubaneswar, Dist-Khordha.
- Structures located in land at Sundarpur mouza, Bhubaneswar, Dist-Khordha.
- Office room at Banijyakar Bhawan, Cuttack.
7 teams of Odisha Vigilance led by 5 DSsP, 11 Inspectors and other staff conducted the search on the strength of Search Warrants issued by the Hon’ble Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Cuttack.
During house searches so far, the following movable and immovable assets have been unearthed in the name of Sri Piyush Kanta Pani, Addl. Commissioner, CT & GST and his family members;
- 7 numbers of plots in prime area of Bhubaneswar. The Registered Sale Deed (RSD) value comes to worth over Rs.1.87 Crores. However, the actual value is likely to be much higher. Undervaluation of the plots during registration is suspected. A thorough probe has been initiated in this regard.
- Triple storeyed residential building and one garage house including one single storeyed building at Chakeisihani, Bhubaneswar worth approx Rs.59 Lakhs. (Picture given below).
- Three numbers of triple storeyed building at Chorda Chowk, Jajpur Road, Jajpur worth over Rs.68.46 Lakhs.
- Farm house with outhouse at Andharua, Bhubaneswar worth Rs.38 Lakhs.
Vigilance Technical Wing is carrying out detailed measurement of above buildings and valuation may increase further.
- Bank & Insurance deposits worth over Rs.53.68 Lakhs.
- Gold jewellery approx weighing 839 gms worth Rs.20 Lakhs.
- 6 costly four wheelers (Skoda Octavia, Volkswagen Taigun, Volkswagen Polo, Skoda Fabia, Skoda Superb & Skoda Ameo) worth Rs.60 Lakhs.
- Cash & household articles worth around Rs.12.30 Lakhs.
Sri Piyush Kanta Pani is being examined to ascertain source of the assets. Further searches are continuing. Unearthing of more assets is likely and overall valuation is likely to increase.
Enquiry is in progress.