Bhubaneswar , 8/10 ( Odisha Samachar / Abhisek Mohanty ) : Housing &Urban Development Minister Pupsendra Singh Deo instructed all the staff to keep preparedness for the forthcoming cyclone “Hud Hud” expected on October 11 and 12, 2014.
Only few days are in hands to encounter the cyclonic storm. As the drinking water during calamity period is most essential requirement for the people of the State, The Superintending Engineer, PH Circle, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Balasore, Berhampur, Bhawanipatna, Sambalpur and the Executive Engineer, PH Division, Bhubaneswar-I/II/III, Puri, Cuttack, Keonjhar, Baripada, Balasore, Bhanjanagar, Berhampur, Koraput, Rayagada are requested to remain in readiness for supply of drinking water during such calamity period on priority. As such the following measures are suggested.
1. All water tankers available should be kept in readiness with the drivers.
2. No. of water tankers available for hiring may also be well informed to remain in readiness as and when required.
3. All generators available with the Department are to be in functional condition. It may also be explored about the availability of generators on hiring in emergency.
4. Chemicals like; bleaching powder, chlorine, alum, lime, PAC etc should be made available with adequate quantity.
5. Restoration staff must be in readiness to act during emergency.
6. Movement vehicles with drivers must be in readiness.
7. 24 hours control room should function in PH Circle / Division / Sub- Division offices with telephone and mobile phone arrangement.
8. They should remain in close contact with the District Administration. All the above Engineers are also requested to instruct all the officers and staff under their jurisdiction to remain present in the head quarters to counter the calamity.
Executive Engineers of Rourkela, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Balasore, Bhawanipatna, Angul, P.H. Divisions are requested to remain present in the Headquarters during the period with alertness of their staff to attend the affected districts as and when required.